ASSOCIATION OF RADIATION ONCOLOGISTS OF INDIA
(Tamil Nadu & Puducherry Chapter)
Fellowship Program - Announcement
AROI TN & PY Chapter proudly announces Fellowship Program for the Academic year 2018 .
The following is the Fellowship Grant :
AROI TN & PY Chapter Fellowship grant for one M.D.R.T/ DNB(RT) PG candidate- RS.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty five thousand only).
1.Life Member of AROI –TN & PY Chapter for more than 1 Year.
2.Undergoing M.D. R. T./ D.N. B.(RT) Post graduation in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry Medical Colleges (or) Teaching Institutions/Hospitals.
3.Preferably applicant is regular in attending AROI CMEs & AROI conferences.
4.Minimum 2 papers/ posters presented in AROI State/ National conferences.
5.Oncology Conferences attended in the last academic year till Sept 2018 will be accounted.
How to apply:
- Applications are invited by the General Secretary, AROI TN & PY chapter from 1st SEPTEMBER 2018 to 30th SEPTEMBER 2018.
Secretariat address- 43, Lakshmi Talkies Road, Shenoy Nagar, Chennai-600030.
- Along with the filled-in form, the applicant should submit a letter from his/ her Head of the Institution/ Head of the Department accepting to relieve the candidate, if selected for Fellowship, generally of one week duration. (Only within India).
- A letter from his/ her Head of the Department for course undergoing certificate mentioning the joining year/completing year of course.
- Life Membership Number of AROI. Life membership should be more than one year.
1.The Selection committee will comprise of:
- President of AROI, TN & PY chapter
- General Secretary of AROI, TN & PY chapter
- Head of department of Radiation Oncology - MMC.
- HOD- RT Adyar Cancer Institute (WIA)
- HOD-RT CMC, Vellore
- HOD- RT JIPMER
- Chairman –CORE
- Convener -CORE
(minimum four members should be there at the time of selection)
2.The committee will scrutinize the applications and if necessary will hold interviews on short listed candidates during the State Annual Conference-on Day 1. Will announce the successful candidate at the Valedictory function.
Duration of the Fellowship:
The duration is generally one week and this is not to be combined with any other fellowships. The place of the visit (within India) may be selected by the awardees and to be communicated to the General Secretary, AROI TN& PY Chapter. In case of any difficulty AROI office may facilitate the process.
How to proceed for fellowship:
1. The successful candidate shall submit a letter of acceptance from the Host institution within 3 months from the award of fellowship. The grant amount will be relieved by the secretary upon the receipt of this letter only.
2. The candidate must submit a letter from Host Institution mentioning the successful completion of fellowship.
3.Awardees need to submit a report to AROI TN PY Chapter Secretary.
4. For any reasons if the fellowship could not be initiated before the next AROI Annual State Conference, the fellowship will be cancelled and the candidate will not be eligible for this for next two years.
5. For any dispute/ discrepancies the decision of President and Secretary of State AROI will be final and binding.
AROI TN & PY CHAPTER
AROI TN&PY ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2018